Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Inspired by Project Runway - Week 3


Darcy Horn of The Jade Dog began a Flicker group called Embellishing the Runway, dedicated to creating accessories to match the winning outfit each week on Project Runway. I decided that I wanted to be a part of this! I found out about the week one challenge kind of late to participate (or at least that's the excuse I'm using), and the second week was CRAZY busy with deadlines and classes and workouts and the dog ate my homework, so I decided that week three would be my week to start.
I knew that the braiding and colors would be my inspiration, but I had several false starts with the braiding before I decided to begin with a diminishing brick stitch base. The actual stringing was a little tedious for me, as I easily grow bored of simply stringing beads, but the braiding and stitching into the other base was challenging and enjoyable.


Here are the other week three submissions:



There's a lot of fun work here and I can't wait to see what happens in the coming weeks. Stay tuned. Make it work!

2 comments:

  1. Fun idea! And definitely well done on your part. Yay, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The one you created is beautiful and elegant. The way you braided the bracelet was perfect. Its very stunning and sophisticated. You did a very good job! Keep it up!:)

    ReplyDelete