Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Couple of Things...


I've been busy lately working on new classes for the bead store, but a few other things are going on as well.

First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my puppy, Ginger! She's four years old today and just as puppy as she's always been.



If she ever gets arrested, this will TOTALLY be her mug shot.


Next (and I might be burying the lead here), I have a project published in Bead & Button Magazine! It's my first one and I'm being quite the dork about it. It's the Enchanting Rings project on page 47. My Bodega Bay necklace is also in the Your Work Section on page 17.

I'm trying to be all cool about it, but when I held the magazine in my hand for the first time, I was so excited I could have spit. But I didn't. 'Cause I'm a lady.

Also on the beading front, I am taking part in my first Etsy Beadweavers Challenge. The theme this month was Secret Garden, and I decided to do a nighttime garden because I had these two reallyreally inspiring etched agate beads with a peacock on one side and a dragon on the other. It is Number 4: Midnight Garden. Here it is:

Please go check out all of the lovely creations and vote for your favorite! There are a LOT of beautiful pieces to see.

I'm also getting excited about my next race. I'm doing the Redman Half Iron distance Aquabike in Oklahoma on September 25th. Do you KNOW what that means? No run! Whooptidoo!!! Naturally, of course, running is the only thing I am consistently doing. Getting back on schedule. Promise.


Aaaaaaaand... this is a picture of one of my latest necklaces. I'm in love with all things Steampunk right now, and I'm experimenting. This one sold to a friend of mine and I hope she enjoys it.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Laura! Go ahead and spit!

    Love the key necklace, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing!

    Check out this beading ebook. It's worth the look if you are a bead lover like I am that's why I bought it.

    ReplyDelete