Friday, February 25, 2011

Bead Soup Blog Party - REVEAL!


Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party!


What is a Bead Soup Blog Party?
What a COOL clasp!

Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following:

~ A focal
~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw)
~ Some coordinating spacers or beads
Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not.


The day we have been awaiting has arrived! It's the big Bead Soup Blog party reveal. For the background on this phenomenon, check this blog post and the nucleus of this event: Lori Anderson's blog, Pretty Things.


I have to admit that I was intimidated once I received my beads. My partner, Marcy Lamberson, is an incredibly talented whimsical lampworker. I looked at pictures of some of the past soup-swaps and tried to gather together a comparable collection of soup. I thought I had done okay until I received Marcy's beads. Woah! That was an impressive stash. I knew immediately that I wanted to bead embroider around them. It was disappointing to have to cover parts of Marcy's wonderful handmade creations, but they really were screaming for some embroidery. And we don't ignore screaming beads.


I knew I was in trouble when I started picking beads with which to work. It was looking awfully pastel-ly, and if you don't know me, pastel is NOT my thing. I'm not really a "girl." I imagine hell is having to live as a poodle in Paris Hilton's purse.


This is a LOT of pastel for me
The funny thing is, I was really enjoying what I was making. I attribute it to the total awesomeness of Marcy's lampwork beads.

I did have to add one actual shell to balance my design. I think it works well in the piece.

I had to use one real-life shell (left) to balance the piece. It blends nicely
I Overall, it was a great experience, and I got to know a fantastic new beader I like a lot (Marcy!).
Who didn't think my dog had to be in at least ONE picture?
Okay, now that I've played show-and-tell, it's time for you to go see all of the other creations. That's where I'm going:

1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things

2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life

3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane

4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio

5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations

6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs

7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things

8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe

9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto

10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio

11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas

12. Rachel Walsh, Balanced Crafts

13. Marian Hertzog, M's Place

14. Mary McGraw, MK's Musings

15. Sarabeth Burke, Chronicles of Sarita

16. Deci Worland, Gem Trails

17. Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found

18. Laura Zeiner, Stick Lizard Designs (you are here!)

19. Kristin Latimer, MJM Jewelry Designs

20. Cathryn Brooks-Williams, Chile Cats

21. Holly Westfall, Silver Rose Designs

22. Janna Harttgen, Palima-Lim

23. Libby Leuchtman, Libby Leu

24. Rebecca Anderson, Songbeads

25. Deb Hunter, Living On Air

26. Diana Ptaszynski, Suburban Girl Studio

27. Jennifer VanBenschoten, VanBeads

28. Margot Potter, The Impatient Crafter

29. Cyndi Lavin, Beading Arts

30. Courtney Breul, Beads by Breul

31. Stefanie Teufel, Stefanie's Sammelsurium

32. Patricia Gasparino, My Life Under the Bus

33. Tari Khars, Pearl and Pebble

34. Kristi Bowman-Gruel, Kristi Bowman Design

35. Jayne Capps, Mama's Got to Doodle

36. Becky Fairclough, Chameleons Designs

37. Evie and Beth McCord, EB Bead & Metal Works

38. Lynne Bowland, Islandgirl's Insights

39. Barbara Lewis, Painting With Fire

40. Lorelei Eurto, Inside the Studio

41. Stacy Hartis, Sissy & Jack's

42. Jennifer Cameron, Glass Addictions

43. Marcie Abney, La Bella Joya

44. Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations

45. Nan Emmett, Spirit Rattles

46. Melissa Mera, One Eared Pig

47. Amanda Davie, Articulations

48. Cherin Poovey, Lanyard Lady

49. Virginia Joste, ViviBijoux


51. Lori Dorrington, Lori's Glassworks

52. Melanie Brooks, Earthenwood Studio Chronicles

53. Kate Gardenghi, Tropical Blonde

54. Serena Trent, PinkIce Jewel's Blog

55. Malin de Koning, Beading by Malin de Koning

56. Shai Williams, Shaiha's Ramblings

57. Francy Inman, 8 Second Studio

58. Amy Freeland, Copper Diem

59. Lisa Liddy, Joolz By Li
60. Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do

61. Mary Harding, Mary Harding Bead Blog
62. Stacey Curry, Star Hitched Wagon

63. Leslie Gidden, Mad Maggie Designs

64. Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals

65. Niky Sayers, Silver Nik Nats

66. Linda Djokic, Lutka and Co.

67. Tracy Bell, Copper, Glass, and Recycled Trash

68. Laurel Steven, Rue's Daftique

69. Ingrid McCue, Wrapped In Silver

70. Birgitta Lejonklou, Create With Spirit

71. Diana Hawkey, Diana Hawkey

72. Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas

73. Jeanette Ryan, Jeanette Blix

74. Jackie Ryan, Silver Lodge Gems


76. Debbie Goering, Prairie Emporium

77. Valerie Norton, Hot Art

78. Jana Trupovniece, Stories of the Secret Garden

79. Amy Severino, Amy Beads

80. Emma Thomas, Fred Beans Nook

81. Karen Zanco, Everyday Gypsy

82. Suzann Sladcik Wilson, Beadphoria

83. Janet McDonald, Singing Woods

84. Dana James, Dana's Jewelry Designs

85. Kristina Johansson, Wild Roses and Blackberries

86. CJ Bauschka, CJ Bauschka

87. Angela Barribea, Re: Angela Rae

88. Marcy Lamberson, Studio Marcy

89. Tanya Floyd, Glass Migrations

90. Lisa Kavanaugh, Beading Bliss

91. Sue Hodgkinson, Hello Gorgeous

92. Jenni Connolly, Jenni's Bead

93. Nally Parfyonova, Nally's Creations

94. Karyn White, Releases By Rufydoof

95. Emanda Johnson, Artemisia Studio

96. Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Colori
97. Cindy Dolezal, Cindy Dolezal Designs

98. Stacie Stamper, Park Avenue

99. Mallory Hoffman, For the Love of Beads


101. Nicole Valentine-Rimmer, N. Valentine Studio

102. Jacinta Meyers, Jamberrysong's Creations

103. Charlene Gary, Gray Girl Studios

104. Rubiee Hayes, Glitter and Keys Galore

105. Marge Beebe, Rock Creek Creations

106. Elizabeth Freeman, Turquoise Sky

107. Shelby Foxwell, Sundown Bead Designs Rhetoric

108. Lynda Moseley, Diva Designs

109. Grace Danel, Grace Beading

110. Lois Moon, Que Onda Quitman

111. Agnes So, Beader Bubbe

112. Terry Carter, Tapping Flamingo

113. Judy Glende, Judith B. Designs

114. Mary Ellen Parker, Bee Tree By Me

115. Barbara Bechtel, Second Surf

116. Charlene Sevier, The Bead Dreamer

117. Alice Craddick, Alice's Beads and Baubles

118. Cory Celaya, Art With Moxie

119. Ronda Adams, The Ravished Heart

120. Sandi Volpe, Sandi Volpe Designs

121. Anna Lear, The Laughing Raven

122. Susie Hibdon, Vintagesusie & Wings

123. Amanda Austin, Sea Shore Glass

124. Jennifer Velasquez, Jen Judd Rocks

125. Hazel Ward, All Those Things

126. Brenda Salzano, Salzanos

127. Dee Gordon, Runako Designs by Dee

128. Anna Denisova, Anita-M

129. Margaret Saari, Mags-Jewelry

130. Genea Crivello-Knable, Genea Beads

131. Penny Neville, Copper Penny

132. Angela Blasingame, Hopemore

133. Helena Fritz, Beadwork by H's Blog

134. Stephanie LaRose, Confessions of a Bead Hoarder

135. Stephanie Haussler, PixyBug Designs

136. Diane Cook, Rosa & Josies

137. Maryse Thillens, Glass Bead Art

138. Jennifer Pride, Jewelry by J.P.

139. Shannon Chomanczuk, For My Sweet Daughter

140. Lisa Godfrey, Bead Happy

141. Heather Pyle, Welcome to My Muse

142. Regina Santerre, Regina's Writings

143. Liz DeLuca, Creative Arty Facts

144. Sig Wynne-Evans, Beaded Bear's Nonsense

145. Loretta Carstensen, Loretta's Boutique

146. Raida Disbrow, Havana Beads

147. Amber Dawn, Inventive Soul

148. Shelly Graves, Stars Dance With Me

149. Jess Italia Lincoln, Vintaj Blog

150. JJ Jacobs, Coming Abstractions

151. Carrie Tahquechi, Carrie T

152. Staci Smith, Staci Louise Originals

153. Katarzyna Kwiatkowska, Quiet Area

154. Ema Kilroy, Ema K Designs

155. Magdalena Sikora, Poranna Gazeta

156. Nicole Keller, Nicki's Reef

157. Ann Rishell, My Critical Eye

158. Noemi Baena, Fire, Metal, and Color

159. Christa Murphy, Adventures of One Beady Woman

160. Barbara Blaszczyk, Labotorium Flory

161. Collette Collins, Firefly Myst

162. Carola Greiser, Polymer Clay Shed

163. Joanna Kopijczuk, Bizuteria z Filcu

164. LeAnn Weih, Summers Studio

165. Cassandra Watsham, Design by Cassandra

166. Anna Motz, Stunning

167. Shea Zukowski, Gr8findings

168. Susan Kennedy, Sue Beads

169. Lisa Boucher, Lisa's Clay Happenings

170. Hope Smitherman, Crafty Hope

171. Alison Crenshaw, Beads by Earth Tones

172. Dorcas Midkiff, Wondrous Strange Designs

173. Melissa Rediger, Sea of Glass

174. Marina Dobrynina, Savon Feutre

175. Julie Nordine, Julie Nordine Credit River Art Glass

176. Menka Gupta, Menka's Blog

177. Patsy Evins, Patsy Evins Studio

178. Cherrie Fick, En La Lumie're

179. Suzette Bentley, Ellie's Bijoux

180. Molly Alexander, Beautifully Broken Me

181. Lyn Foley, Lyn Foley Wearable Art

182. Tara Plote, The Newbie Beader's Blog

183. Natalie Schuetz, Natalie S Perlen

184. Kim Hutchinson, Running on Ink

185. Haley Frank, Wide Eyed Smilin

186. Grace Caputo, Suddenly Last Summer

187. Marie-Noel Voyer-Cramp, Skye Jewels

188. Erin Siegel, Erin Siegel Jewelry

189. Janea McDonald, Organized Chaos

190. Kristi Evenson, Colie Bug & Co.

191. Linda Inhelder, Must Haves Jewelry

192. Hilary Frye, FryeStyle

193. Whitney Lassini, Whitney Lassini

194. Nancy Schindler, The Rabbit Muse

195. Pam Brisse, The Blue Between

196. Beth Bricker, Vintage Sweets

197. Ruthie Stickney, Rose Works Jewelry and Gifts

198. Rose Noble, Lady Noble Designs

199. Karen Williams, Baublicious

200. Claire Maunsell, The Next Bend

201. Christine Damm, Stories They Tell

202. Kerry Bogert, Kab's Creative Concepts

203. Wendy Blum, Sand & Sea Designs

204. Juli Cannon, Julsbeads

205. Jenny Robledo, La Dona Boutique

206. Krista French, French Elegant Jewelry

207. Pam Krinski, Ewa Beads

208. Melissa Meman, Melissa Meman, Art, Life, Love

209. Dana Jones, Dana's Jewelry

210. Shirley Moore, Beads and Bread

The next party's sign ups begin August 1-3, 2011. Don't miss it!

111 comments:

  1. So you are an early beader bird too:) I am so looking forward to seeing every ones creative work!! Enjoy your blog hopping...and wonderful job with your soup!! WOW what a soup recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an EARLY morning bike ride and might not be back until after noon. I didn't want to wait until afternoon to post. Hope I'm not busted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I think I just fainted a little... This is incredible! Wow... You must be a really fast, really adept embroiderer, because this looks like a LOT OF WORK. It looks absolutely incredible, though. And, even though you said this was a difficult color combination for you, oh it turned out so beautiful. It reminds me of vacations on South Carolina beaches. ^__^ So, so beautiful. Makes me long for the warm weather again. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Laura - what a gorgeous piece you've created! Well done, its simple beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Laura! That's quite a creation!! You did a fantastic job w/ Marcy's beads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take me to that beach!! Gorgeous necklace, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Laura, you have really created a wondrous piece of art, I love the soft beachy colours, it works beautifully.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME !!!!
    the ocean is my favorite theme so
    I can't help but adore this
    FABULOUS & FANTASTIC creation !!!
    And kudos to your wonderful model ...Good job!!!
    m.e. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never seen a more glamorous dog! Simply scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL the dog looks pretty pleased with herself! Stunning necklace just absolutely stunning! Love the clasp too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love Love Love the last picture! A collar fit for a friend for sure! Your necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are a delightful person, your dog is a fab model, and you totally rocked that necklace--what great beads to work with and you rose to the challenge perfectly! I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing OOAK piece!! You did brillantly, what an inspiration ^_^ Virginie ViviBijoux.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! That piece is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW!! I'm completely in shock at how gorgeous that is!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Wow what an amazing necklace! That is fantastic!!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Right up my alley...I am a crazy cabochon beader who lives at the beach, your piece speaks very loudly to me. It shouts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. *Swoon* I just kept staring and saying "oh my gosh" until finally my husband came in and asked what I was doing! That is AMAZING! I followed your blog just so I can see more of you in the future :) So glad Bead Soup connects us to fantastic craftswomen like yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW! That should be in a museum!! Stunning!
    btw- love the Paris Hilton comment! You gave me a great chuckle this morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Laura, I am in total awe of your work. You created an art piece out of little pieces of glass. I'm so totally impressed and a huge fan! (and your post cracked me up!)

    ReplyDelete
  21. WHA!!!!!! Are you freakin' kidding me?! This necklace is insanely awesome. I don't know if I would wear it but I would definitely stare at it all day long. And you dog is a good model. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Geez! You did the same amount of time as the rest of us right? How did you pack that much beauty into those few weeks? Astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your design is stunning! You have a wonderful sense of balance and color coordination. By far one of my favorite designs of the day. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow just stunning. How long did that take? It really is one of the best.
    Love the dog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, a lot of work has gone into that! How did you get it done in time?! I'm amazed. Well done, and an extra well done for working with colours outside of your comfort zone. I hope you'll consider pastels in future, and that they're not really that girly ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Okay I'm picking myself up off the floor now. What an amazing, did I say AMAZING piece. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  27. an amazing OOAK piece, you did a wonderful job with the bead soup..love your dog model

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow!!! Seriously, that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. you are so funny! your piece is stunning and so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sheesh....you are truly talented! :) This piece is just wonderful - and the fact that you are not a pastel person would not show - doesn't look like it slowed you down at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW!! That took a LOT of work!! How wonderful!

    Sig

    ReplyDelete
  32. So, SO beautiful!! And your dog looks so proud to bea wearing it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is an AMAZING piece. I'm not a pastel person either, but you might just change my mind. But how could you resist with those gorgeous shell beads? Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your model is one of the most beautiful I have seen! :)

    Your beadwork is amazing. This piece is a stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow what a fun idea! I'm so glad you listened to the screaming beads because your piece is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This is such a work of work!
    Really wonderful! And on your pup
    is so Sweet! Love that..

    ReplyDelete
  37. Beautiful and who would think we have a new market to sell to- Your dog looks fabulous in the necklace!! I had a collie, gorgeous sweet tempered dogs!! The lampwork beads look like they found the right home. Looks very "Beachy" to me. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You are one amazing artist! This necklace is a work of art. The beach theme is lovely and soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Amazing piece, love the beach theme and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow that's a lot of work. Your dog looks just like my Sandy that passed on when I was away at college. Beautiful dog the necklace suits her!
    Shannon C

    ReplyDelete
  41. You did an awesome job with these beautiful beads. Like that you added your own shell. This is good Seafood Soup! Very pretty model too.

    ReplyDelete
  42. You work is amazing - and your model is pretty cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. That's incredible! Looks like you put a lot of work into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. Oh my goodness...the work on this piece is crazy good!!!And it's gorgeous!!! That is some tasty soup for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  45. wow I love your bead soup, the sea themed components are so me.......and I love what you did with them the bib style necklace is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wow that is some major bling looks like a really summery hit perfect for some summer dress. Awsome you put in a lot of work and it looks really great.

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a beautiful necklace and some great bead embroidery! Aren't Marcy's beads just awesome? You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow and Wow again! This is in my Top 10...what an amazing necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  49. Holy crap! Did Marcy send you her beads a year ago? How in the heck did you get such a showstopper completed so quickly? By the way, it's awesome. Just in case I wasn't clear in the previous sentence ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  50. WOW!!! Your beadwork is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Definitely glad that you didn't ignore the beads talking 'cuz this is breathtaking. Totally.

    (And I'm right there with ya on the poodle in a purse comment....)

    ReplyDelete
  52. #209 here...very unique, love your model. Great work.,..

    ReplyDelete
  53. What a great piece. Some fantastic beadwork. And your dog is adorable as your model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  54. wow!! Literally, my mouth dropped...this is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. OMG - this is stunning! And the model is fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  56. Wow! I'm speechless! The piece is absolutely gorgeous!!! Such a yummy beadwork! The necklace looks perfectly balanced.
    Oh, and I looove your model! My furry little helper is too small to wear the necklaces, she can only model bracelets. :))

    ReplyDelete
  57. LOVE what you made! It must have taken ages and looks so fantastic, but reminds me I really need a holiday to some hot sandy beach! Fantastic blog to im still chuckling over your paris comment! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  58. Wow! I am totally overwhelmed and touched by all of your wonderful comments. Thank you! (also, Ginger says thank you) I was totally busy all day yesterday, so I am late coming to the party. I get to start now.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Your beadweaving is superb! What a fantastic piece!

    ReplyDelete
  60. wow! you pulled it together sooo well. your real shell blends in with the rest! awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Wow, you made that?!! I love it.

    Love the model too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  62. Stunning piece of work! I love how you incorporated the seed beads around the lampwork beads! Love it - and your pup with the necklace rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  63. You said:

    I imagine hell is having to live as a poodle in Paris Hilton's purse.

    And I:

    Laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

    I LOVE the neckpiece. That is a work of art, and I can't even imagine how much work that took! SO impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  64. Oh oh oh!! Look at that piece, you clever girl you! (and your model is gorgeous too)

    ReplyDelete
  65. that is an incredible and amazing piece, just awe inspiring !

    (and a very cute picture of your dog too :)) )

    ReplyDelete
  66. WOW! This is amazing, and must have taken you forever to make... that's a lot of seed bead embroidery work! I agree, don't ever ignore screaming beads, lol. And your dog is adorable modeling your beautiful creation :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. I am always in awe of seed beaders. I can't even get my head around where you would start a project like that. Amazing. And hilarious. I'm not a girl......

    ReplyDelete
  68. Bead weaving is such a marvel to me and I envy those who can do it! I love working with seed beads myself, but I haven't ventured into bead weaving yet. I think your necklace is not only beautiful and marvelous, but shows a lot of ingeniuity and creative innovation!

    ReplyDelete
  69. Wow, that is one stunning necklace! I can't believe you finished it in time, that would of taken me years to complete. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  70. This is ART. I know your supercute dog will want to keep it (I would if I was her), but this should be displayed in a museum. Hm...okay...thinking a bit longer about that... no, it should be worn. Often.
    Wearing this must be awesome!!! Though the design is so natural and smooth, you must feel like a princess when wearing this.

    ReplyDelete
  71. That is one fantastic creation, very beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  72. I am so ready for the beach....this piece would look lovely with a bikini, too. (If your dog will give it up!)

    ReplyDelete
  73. When beads talk you must listen, and listen you did. WOW! You must have been up night and day working on this. It is breathtakingly beautiful.
    Love the 4 legged model!

    ReplyDelete
  74. oh my- oh my-oh my ..... this takes my breath away. You must REALLY trust your dog to put that piece on him/her. I must say it looks great on the dog too! And what a stash of soup you got. Thanks for sharing
    alice'sbeadsandbaubles

    ReplyDelete
  75. #161 here:)

    That is a wonderful necklace! The bead work is awesome. I wish I knew how to do it:)

    I love your model:)

    ReplyDelete
  76. Oh my goodness, but this is absolutely stunning. You definitely put your own twist on those amazing lampwork beads. You bead weavers are awsome!

    ReplyDelete
  77. Wow - I just have to say I am so impressed with your bead work. Really an incredible finished piece. It's a gorgeous nautical piece of wearable art!

    ReplyDelete
  78. You did a wonderful job balancing all the natural shapes in this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  79. your doggie has very good taste and is a beautiful model of that FAB U LUST necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  80. Your piece left me speechless, what a incredible amount of work went into this piece. Simply outstanding!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  81. So beautiful friend, I love this necklace & what you did with your SOUP! It says beach to me which is just where I'd like to be about now! ;)
    Thanks for sharing...
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  82. What a beautiful piece, just like I see in all the fancy beading mags and books. It's a true work of art which must have taken an incredible amount of work. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  83. What a stunning piece of art! You are quite the master of not only bead working but wireworking as well. Love what you have done with the beads, and what genius, to add a real shell. Love it! Love the fringe! Makes me want to head to the beach. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Love your model! Wish my cats would sit still long enough to get pictures modeling! Your piece is great... My bead work is aspiring to that level!

    ReplyDelete
  85. wow-definitely one of my favy's!!!! brilliant work and i love that you added that shell! i can definitely see someone rockin this at the beach :)

    sarabeth

    ReplyDelete
  86. I can smell the salt air and feel the ocean breeze....

    ReplyDelete
  87. Holy smokes! That looks like so much work! Totally a statement...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Wow! Again, I just want to say THANK YOU to everybody for all your wonderful-sweet comments. You guys ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  89. Wow considering pastel isn't your thing you have done a remarkable job! I love this piece... absolutely gorgeous... I'd wear this in a heartbeat. Well done!

    Karyn
    Australia

    ReplyDelete
  90. I love Marcy's work. She is such a sweet gal and makes such whimsical beads.

    Your finished necklace is just breath taking! All of the beautiful bead weaving and how you assembled your piece. Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  91. I love your necklace. It is truly stunning and the bead embroidery is amazing! I love this statement necklace.
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  92. What an incredible piece of art jewelry! If I wasn't wearing it, I would hand it on the wall to show it off! Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Holy cow. I mean, really. Did you get like a 2 month head start on the rest of us or something? The piece is remarkable. You are to be lauded.

    ReplyDelete
  94. I think that it would be hell to be a poodle in anyone's purse, but Paris Hilton's would be a special kind of purgatory! That is too funny that your model would sit with that and not run away! This is stunning. I have no patience for seed beads, so I appreciate it so much. Thanks for sharing.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  95. This is just over the top gorgeous. I'm on my last leg of hopping, and so glad I had this eye candy waiting on me this morning. Love the fact that there is an actual shell in the necklace. You totally did your partner proud, showcasing her lovely beads. Y'all make an amazing team.

    ReplyDelete
  96. Wow, that's an incredible work you've made. It's gorgeous. I love how the different pieces are like separate islands tied together, which makes it feel less dense. And I also like the two strands that suspend the focalpiece. They are well-balanced, but the design would also look nice as a necklace on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  97. You have put together an amazing piece of art up there [from down here at the bottom of the comments:)]. Perhaps don't think of it so much as pastels, because I didn't think pastels when I saw that piece... I saw coral, ochre and "verde" green. More earthy,or beachy... I think of pastels as peach, blue, pink, lime greenish type colors. :)Anyway, fabulous work!! I really enjoyed visiting your place!

    ReplyDelete
  98. Laura, I am speechless! Your necklace is over-the-top incredible and in a league of its own!! What a gorgeous set of lampwork beads you started with...and to dream up something this amazing is beyond me. I dare to ask how long a piece like this must have taken to create....You've done your beads proud, now I think you just might want to go and enter this in a major art show! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  99. Wow! You must a spent a month on this necklace! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  100. Wow! That is incredible. I can't even imagine the work it must have taken.

    Oh and I love your model :)

    ReplyDelete
  101. What a necklace! Amazing seed bead work!

    ReplyDelete
  102. Amazing! And the pic with your dog is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  103. I know, I am still going through the lists, stopped here and WOW, Your design is GALLERY Quality! Your amazing in the details, just awesome! Love your little sheltie too, I have two shelties, and a old corgi. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  104. Beautiful! And I had to go admire your Flickr stream as well.

    It's funny, I had to go back and look at your piece again when I saw the pic of your bead selections. From the photos your piece read as white on white with buffs and tans and other warm neutrals. But there's really a LOT of color in it.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I would so wear this!!!!! I am Stunned!!!!!

    ReplyDelete